Electrical Engineer - Charlotte, NC Area
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Required/Estimated Travel
GAYLOR ELECTRIC INC.
The HIGHEST PERFORMING national CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, providing unequaled project delivery, company wide best in class financial performance, with INSPIRED EMPLOYEES being our most valuable asset; building trust resulting in continuing CLIENT LOYALTY.
Integrity > Customer Service > Safety > Sales Growth > Teamwork > Return on Investment > Performance > Personnel Development
GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being & future of its employees!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Contributed 401K
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Accountable for the integration and coordination of technical designs with other internal departments and external consultants, and the review of completed department work for targeted projects, technical adequacy, and satisfaction of project requirements.
- Interacts with Operations, Purchasing, Marketing, Business Development, and Estimating.
- Interacts with engineers, architects, consultants, owners, representatives, and electrical equipment vendors. Position assists in estimating.
- Responsible for conceptual and interpretive drafting of design-build or plan/spec projects, conferring with interdepartmental personnel concerning technical support issues, production scheduling and coordination with external consultants to resolve design issues.
- Researching, developing, and preparing design documents as well as reviewing completed work to determine adequacy and accuracy of drawings and design.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of research methodology and procedures related to engineering projects.
- Ensures installations and operations conform to electrical code standards and customer requirements.
- Participates in the performance of detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, installation, and maintenance standards and specifications.
WHAT YOU OFFER:
- EDUCATION: BSEE degree or equivalent studies/experience.
- EXPERIENCE: Position requires a high degree of technical knowledge of lighting design, electrical construction, proficiency in NEC code standards, and computer estimating applications. Strong administrative, computer, and communication skills also required.
GAYLOR ELECTRIC, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability