Construction Survey Layout Technician - Indianapolis, IN Area
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Required/Estimated Travel
GAYLOR ELECTRIC INC.
The HIGHEST PERFORMING national CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, providing unequaled project delivery, company wide best in class financial performance, with INSPIRED EMPLOYEES being our most valuable asset; building trust resulting in continuing CLIENT LOYALTY.
Integrity > Customer Service > Safety > Sales Growth > Teamwork > Return on Investment > Performance > Personnel Development
GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being & future of its employees!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Match Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match 401K
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
SCOPE OF WORK:
Familiar with Topcon GPS and Robotic Station equipment
Dependable and physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites in all weather conditions.
Must possess a strong mathematic background and perform calculations associated with surveying.
Have a demonstrated ability to read construction plans and specs.
AutoCAD/Revit experience a plus.
Skills in field data collection.
Experience with survey data collection, GPS receivers, and robotic total stations a requirement
Self-motivated, have strong initiative and desire to learn and advance in the survey profession
Layout / stake out work site to blue prints
Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by field staff
Assist in the evaluation of potential dimensions and other field problems
Perform layout work competently and accurately as specified by Project manager
Provide checking of as-built conditions that require use of surveying techniques
- Responsibilities encompass the general aspects of CAD/ BIM drafting that determine the most appropriate drawings and diagrams that accurately communicate the intended design clearly, effectively and timely.
- Responsibilities include scheduling the use of the Trimble with field personnel to allow for the most cost-effective use of company resources.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- EDUCATION - High school graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent studies/ experience
- EXPERIENCE - AutoCAD /BIM 3-D modeling experience and a high degree of technical knowledge of electrical construction, and computer drafting applications. Strong administrative, computer (Word & Excel), and communications skills.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability