IS Desktop Support - Indianapolis, IN Area
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Required/Estimated Travel
GAYLOR ELECTRIC INC.
The HIGHEST PERFORMING national CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, providing unequaled project delivery, company wide best in class financial performance, with INSPIRED EMPLOYEES being our most valuable asset; building trust resulting in continuing CLIENT LOYALTY.
Integrity > Customer Service > Safety > Sales Growth > Teamwork > Return on Investment > Performance > Personnel Development
GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being & future of its employees!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Match Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match 401K
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
SCOPE OF WORK:
- The primary role of the Desktop Support Analyst is to apply appropriate expertise and procedures to support end-users in the Gaylor technology environment.
- This will include first response to system trouble requests across all user hardware and software platforms.
- This role consults with end-users to identify and resolve current operational challenges, including determination of hardware, software, or systemic functional defects.
- Tracks problems and communicates with customers as resolutions are implemented.
- Works proactively to improve the operational efficiency and reliability of the technology environment.
- Develop, either independently or in coordination with other individuals and teams, solutions to provide necessary fixes or new functionality.
- Carry out root cause analysis of problems and implements solutions to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Carries out the maintenance and administration of the user technology environment.
- Discusses and evaluates technology environment proposals with the end-user departments.
- Prepares communication and training for staff to ensure understanding, adoption, and enforcement of workflow and system modifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Education: Preferred: CompTIA A+ or equivalent Cisco or Microsoft credential. Preferred: Two or four year degree
- Experience: Previous desktop support experience is preferred
- Amiable personality and desire to help others
- Knowledge and applied understanding of:
- Windows Operating System - Desktop
- Network diagnostics and troubleshooting tools
- Printers/scanners/copiers and other external devices
- Service desk software applications and tools
- Mobile device management
- Ability to lift and carry computer components for deployment and connect laptops and desktops at customer locations
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate information
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
GAYLOR ELECTRIC, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability