Staff Accountant - Indianapolis, IN
- Indianapolis, IN
- Job ID:
- Job Req code:
The HIGHEST PERFORMING NATIONAL CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, delivering on our Cornerstone of Reliable Resources, Outcomes, and Insights; dedicated to innovation, quality, and our genuine care for people.
Integrity > Customer Service > Safety > Sales Growth > Teamwork > Return on Investment > Performance > Personnel Development
GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being & future of its employees!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Match Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match 401K
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
SCOPE OF WORK:
Accountable for accounting assignments of financial transactions within limits of delegated functions in general accounting, payables, receivables, and job cost.
This includes the reconciliation of financial records and databases to ensure timely and accurate reporting of taxes, consistent with accounting and Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
Maintains the confidentiality of corporate records and protects the corporate assets, employee records, and any other written manuals, procedures, or computer information deemed to be Company property.
Position reports to the Assistant Controller.
Responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation/reporting of sales and use tax returns.
Assists management with federal and state audits.
Provides backup for related Staff Accountant position.
Performs special assignments for management.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- EDUCATION: College Degree in Accounting or equivalent studies/experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.).
- Familiarity with various computerized accounting packages.
- Knowledge and experience with internal and external payroll processing as well as knowledge of payroll tax regulations.
GAYLOR ELECTRIC, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability