Utility Craft Instructor - Indianapolis, IN
- Indianapolis, IN
- Job ID:
- Job Req code:
GAYLOR ELECTRIC INC.
The HIGHEST PERFORMING NATIONAL CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, delivering on our Cornerstone of Reliable Resources, Outcomes, and Insights; dedicated to innovation, quality, and our genuine care for people.
Integrity > Customer Service > Safety > Sales Growth > Teamwork > Return on Investment > Performance > Personnel Development
GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being & future of its employees!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Match Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match 401K Program
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
SCOPE OF WORK
- Teach Utility Electrical Worker courses at a variety of times.
- Demonstrate mastery of NCCER electrical course content
- Submit required reports and forms in a timely manner to Corporate Office.
- Use the course syllabus for each course.
- Meet with and advises students either before or after class or by appointment, electronic communication, or other appropriate methods.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs students in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintain professional relationships with students and colleagues.
- Continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques and delivery methods.
- Attend meetings, training and orientation sessions as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to multi-cultural and multi-generational diversity
- Possess knowledge of power and hand tools related to the craft or trade
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU OFFER:
- EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 years of documented Linemen experience at the journeyman level, including at least 1 year in a leadership/supervisory role and verify the various responsibilities undertaken in the discharge of those duties OR Minimum 3 years experience as a certified teacher in a vocational / technical construction or maintenance related training program; Possess an Electrical Worker Journeyman credential or equivalent; Possess an NCCER Instructor certification or be willing to complete NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP), and obtain the appropriate certification from NCCER in the CORE and the Electrical Craft area. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
GAYLOR ELECTRIC, INC. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability