Software Application Specialist - Indianapolis, IN
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Required/Estimated Travel
- more than 50%
GAYLOR ELECTRIC INC.
The HIGHEST PERFORMING national CONTRACTOR OF EXCELLENCE, providing unequaled project delivery, company wide best in class financial performance, with INSPIRED EMPLOYEES being our most valuable asset; building trust resulting in continuing CLIENT LOYALTY.
Integrity > Customer Service > Safety > Sales Growth > Teamwork > Return on Investment > Performance > Personnel Development
GAYLOR ELECTRIC is committed to the safety, well-being & future of its employees!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company Match Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match 401K
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Best in Class Craft & Management Training
- Opportunities for Growth
Approximately 60% Travel
Scope of Work
- Supports and maintains enterprise-level software platforms which includes defining and implementing best practice operational standards, consulting with end-users to identify and resolve current operational gaps, testing applications for production issues, and developing staff training documentation.
- Understands software application design in order to perform analysis, support, and testing of the applications, integrations, and reports that are used in the enterprise data systems.
- Ensure maximum uptime of business applications and works proactively to improve the operational efficiency and reliability of the platform.
- Diagnose and resolve poor software utilization practices that have an impact on the production environment.
- Create technical trainings, communications, and documentation for a wide variety of audiences.
- Provide desk side coaching, remote support and presentation style instruction for users in need of support and to support user learning and development
- Carries out root cause analysis of problems and implements solutions to prevent repeat occurrences.
- Evaluates user requirements and discusses possible solutions with software-specific committees and vendors.
- Serve as technical resource for advanced configuration, support, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Produce timely status reports and projections.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Education: Required: Two years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred: Two or four year degree
- Experience: Ability to multitask. Excellent written communication skills. Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and applied understanding of: Windows Operating System - Desktop; Microsoft Office suite.